Latest Update: Mr. Ramesh Pokhriyal, HRD Minister of India, announced to schedule NEET 2020 exam on July 26, 2020. The admit card is expected to be released 15 days before the exam date. For instance, the admit card release date will be on 11 th July, 2020. Check Revised NEET Exam Dates 2020
Also Check | NEET 2020 Admit Card
NEET 2020 is a national level medical entrance examination conducted on a yearly basis across India. Though NEET 2020 was scheduled to conduct on May 3, 2020, however, the exam is postponed due to COVID-19 and it will occur on July 26, 2020
NEET Exam dates 2020 released by the NTA NEET 2020 Application Form. It was available from December 2, 2019 to December 31, 2019. NEET score is accepted for admission to all colleges approved by MCI/DCI except AIIMS and JIPMER for MBBS/BDS course.
You must meet the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. This article will provide you with the details of NEET Exam dates for 2020.
- The aspirants can get the latest update from NTA through the text message helpline number related to NEET 2020 exam, due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
- The students, who have completed intermediate graduation in Science stream and have achieved 50% marks (minimum), can also apply for the NEET 2020 exam.
- The candidates, who are above 25 years old, also apply for NEET 2020.
- Besides, the applicants, who are from Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh, sign the self-declaration form to claim seats for 15% AIQ.
- Since 2019, NTA has been conducting the NEET Exam both for the admission to BDS and MBBS coursework in the dental and medical colleges. To illustrate, check the NEET 2020 Exam Pattern.
NEET 2020 Exam Dates
The candidates, who are able to successfully register their names, will be capable of issuing the NEET 2020 admit card from the official website of NTA.
Due to Covid 19 outbreak, NEET exam dates 2020 postponed and it is decided to be conducted on 26th July, 2020. Meanwhile, the aspirants can download their admit card from National Testing Agency website. Unless, the aspirants will carry the admit card, they will not get permission to enter to the exam hall.
NTA will conduct the NEET 2020 exam across 155 cities of India. The students, who are willing to take admission for BDS and MBBS coursework, can also appear the exam.
|Application forms release date||2 December 2019|
|Last date to fill the application||9 February 2020|
|Last date to pay the registration fee||9th February 2020|
|NEET 2020 Application form correction window||1 April to 3 May 2020|
|Release of NEET 2020 admit card||11 July 2020|
|NEET 2020 exam date||26 July 2020|
|Release of provisional answer key||To be announced|
|Release of final answer key||To be announced|
|NEET 2020 result||Delayed|
Some Notable Information on NEET 2020 Exam:
- The candidates get the opportunity to make corrections. Hence they can correct their form (if necessary) from 1st April to 3rd May, 2020.
- If required, the aspirants can also be able to correct their preferable exam centres.
- NTA will send a text message to the aspirants, who are going to appear for the exams like JEE Main 2020, NEET 2020, specifically containing the helpline number.
- Intermediate science graduates, who have less than 50% score, are eligible to appear in the entrance exam of NEET 2020. Likewise, the age group, more than 25 years, are also capable to take part in the NEET 2020 entrance exam.
- The aspirants only need to be 17 years old by 31st December, 2020 to apply the NEET 2020 exam.
- Furthermore, if the candidates from Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territories of Ladakh are willing to claim seats via 15% AIQ, then they need to sign a self-declaration form.
- NTA has been offering both the BDS and MBBS degree for the Medical and Dental coursework program in India to the aspirants since the year 2019.
NEET 2020 Exam Schedule
Time Schedule National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test NEET (UG), 2020:
|Last entry in exam hall||1:30 PM|
|Sitting in exam hall||1:15 PM|
|Announcement of instructions and checking of admit card||1:30-1:45 PM|
|Distribution of test booklets||1:45 PM|
|Writing particulars on test booklet by candidates||01:30 PM|
|Test Commences||02:00 PM|
|Test Concludes||05:00 PM|
|Declaration of Results||Delayed (To be announced)|
|Material to be brought on examination day||Admit Card and Passport size photograph|
|Rough Work||To be done in the Test Booklet only. Candidates cannot do any rough work or put a stray mark on the machine gradable Answer Sheet.|
|Use of Blue/Black Ball Point Pen only||Pen will be provided at the center for writing of particulars on the Test Booklet and responses on the Answer Sheet|
NEET Registration and Admit Card Date
NEET 2020 Registration Date started from December 2, 2019 to January 6, 2020 (Extended). However, successfully registration is not the only way of appearing in the NEET 2020 exam successfully. The candidates should keep all the required documents including the admit card in one place prior to the exam date, so that they do not forget to take those to the exam hall.
|Release of Official NEET Application Form 2020||December 2, 2019|
|First day of NEET Registration 2020||February 3, 2020 (Reopened)|
|Last day of NEET Registration 2020||February 9, 2020|
|NEET Form Correction Window||Open till May 31, 2020|
NEET 2020 admit card of the aspirants contains roll number, name of the candidates, name of parents, date of birth, photograph and signature, address of the exam centre, reporting time and exam date etc.
NEET 2020 Application Form Date
NEET 2020 Application process has started from December 2, 2019. You will be able to fill NEET 2020 application form only online. No offline application form will be accepted.
All aspirants are required to ensure their eligibility criteria before applying for NEET 2020. Following are the steps for filling online application form:
- Visit the NEET official website @ntaneet.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ link on the home page.
- Fill all the necessary details like name, contact, domicile and qualification.
- Upload the scanned images (photograph, signature)in the jpeg format prescribed.
- Make the fee payment through online or offline mode.
- On successful payment, acknowledgment slip will be generated. Save it for future reference and record.
Note: It is mandatory for Indian citizens to provide an Aadhar card in the Application form.
NEET 2020 Correction Window
NTA Authority has reopened the correction window on 1st April, 2020 and has extended it for 3rd May, 2020. In order to get the access of the NEET 2020 correction window, the aspirants require to first visit the official website that is ntaneet.nic.in and then need to provide the application number and password. Hence, you can now login to your account and can modify the application form (if required). You are advised to check the form carefully before you submit the final form, otherwise you will not be able to modify it later.
|Start date of NEET 2020 correction window||1 April 2020|
|End date of NEET 2020 correction window||31 May 2020|
NEET 2020 Answer Key
National Testing Agency will release the NEET 2020 Answer Key. The answer key of NEET 2020 will be published in two phases. In the first phase, NTA will release the provisional NEET 2020 answer key. After that the aspirants can challenge the answer key (if they feel, any answer is incorrect). If the objection is valid, NEET provisional answer will be revised by NTA key after incorporating the changes.
In the second phase, final NEET 2020 answer key will be released by the NEET authority. Apart from the official answer key release, many coaching centers publish the unofficial answer key on their websites.The unofficial answer key will be released within a few days of completing the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
NEET 2020 Result
It can be expected that the NEET 2020 result will be published at the end of August by NTA. The candidates can check the result to the official website. You can download the result from their official website, by following the same process. NTA will not send the NEET 2020 result to the aspirants through post. NEET 2020 result will be accompanied by the publication of the final answer key.
NEET 2020 Counselling Dates
NEET Counselling process allows candidates to opt seats in their preferred NEET score accepting institutes or colleges. NEET Counselling process is expected to start from the second week of June.
- NTA cutoff will be published along with NEET 2020 result and Cut off.
- The interested candidates, who are willing to attend All India Quota (AIQ) Counselling process, should register themselves for two rounds of online counselling processes.
- Seat allocation will be completed based on the category of the candidates, NEET 2020 cutoff and rank of the aspirants.
- In order to participate in the state counselling process, the candidates should enrol their names in the State Quota process.
|NEET 2020 Result Declaration||August|
|First round of NEET Counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||August|
|Last date of joining after first round of counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||August|
|Second round of NEET Counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||August|
|Last date of joining after second round of counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||August|
|Mop up round of NEET Counselling for Deemed, CI||September|
|Last date of joining after mop up round in deemed, CI||September|
Note: The aspirants need to claim their seats within the mentioned timeline, otherwise it will be allotted to the next deserving candidates (from the waiting list). Aditionally, the counselling process for the students will not be conducted again.
Since NEET 2020 postponed due to Corona Outbreak, hence, the aspirants are advised to solve NEET Sample Papers.
Exam Day Guidelines of NEET 2020
- The aspirants should need to reach the exam hall at least before one hour of starting the exam.
- You will not get the permission to enter the hall after 1.30 PM.
- All the candidates should need to follow the rules, regulations and exam guidelines. In addition, you do not need to carry barred items to the exam center.
- It is advised to the aspirants to follow the dress code to appear in the NEET UG 2020 Examination.
- Aditionally, in case of wearing customary dress, then the aspirants are advised to report to the allotted examination hall, within 12.30 PM (maximum).
- Similarly, if the aspirants will be caught with any unfair means or if they will breach the code of conduct of NEET Exam, then they might be debarred from the exam (if required).
Kindly note it down that within the projected timeline, if the aspirants will not claim their seats, the seat will be allotted to the next aspirants, who are the next numbers of waiting list. As a result, those candidates will not get the permission to attend the final round of counselling.
NEET Exam Dates Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: NEET 2020 Examination will be held on May 3, 2020.
Answer: The number of applicants will rise every year, so the cut off will also increase that is why the exam get tougher. But you will crack the exam easily just complete you’re all the chapters of physics, chemistry or biology in NCERT.
Ans: The application form has been released from 2nd December, 2020.
Ans: Last date to submit the application form is 6 January, 2020.
Answer: Yes, The preparation tips of NEET are as following:
- Solve previous year question paper
- Read all the chapters of NCERT
- Revise the formulae and important equations
Ans: NEET 2020 admit card will be available from March 27, 2020. Candidates can download NEET 2020 Admit Card from an official website.
Ans: Yes, candidates are advised to preserve the admit card till the admission process. NEET Admit call will also be required in the counselling process.
Answer: No, you can’t give the exam before 17. Because the candidates should have attained a minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December at the time of admission. The maximum age limit for candidates is 25 years (General and OBC category) and 30 years (reserved categories).
Ans: NEET 2020 result will be announced on 4th June, 2020.
Answer: Eligibility is for General is 50% and for SC/ST/OBC it is 40%. Percentage and percentile are different. NEET qualifying percentile is 40 means 105 marks out of 720 for SC/ST. In General, it is 50 percentile which means 130 marks out of 720.
Ans: Candidate can check the result on official website:- ntaneet.nic.in/ntaneet/welcome.aspx
Ans: The first round of NEET 2020 counselling will begin from 3rd week of June 2020.
Ans: The state counselling of NEET 2020 will begin immediately after the completion of All India counselling.