Important details regarding the NEET Dress Code for all aspirants, males and females, have been released by NTA. Not following the dress code results in action against the students, which might include cancellation of the exam.
You are advised to read all the instructions and strictly follow them before appearing for NEET 2019 on May 5, 2019.
NEET Application process has been started. Click here to apply for NEET 2019.
Click here How to Apply for NEET 2019?
The NEET guidelines suggest separate dress code for male and female as per the notice issued by the Directive of Honourable Supreme Court under CBSE. If the student’s wearing the customary dress, then they need to report at the allotted NEET exam center by 12:30 PM on the day of examination.
NEET Dress Code for the Male and Female are as follows:
- Wear light color clothes like Jeans, Pant, Shirt (half sleeves only). The button of the shirt should be medium size not big enough.
- Applicants can wear only sleepers and sandals. They have no permitted to wear Shoes.
- Light clothes with half sleeves not having big buttons, brooch/ badge, flower etc. with Salwar/ Trouser.
- They can wear slippers and sandals with low heels only.
- Shoes for female candidates are also not allowed.
Click here to Download NEET Information Bulletin.
What are Allowed/ Not Allowed in the Exam Hall?
The governing authority has set a fixed dress code for all aspirants. This is applicable to all candidates, irrespective of their status, caste, gender, etc.
Latest News Updates
Following table gives a list of what all is allowed and what all is not allowed to wear in the exam room.
|Slippers and Sandals only||Shoes|
|Half T-Shirt, Shirt||Full Sleeves Shirt or T-Shirts|
|Doctor Prescribed lens specs only||Sun Glasses|
|Lowers||Rings/ Chain/ Necklace etc. (any type of jewellery or ornaments)|
|Jeans||Hair Clips/ Big Rubber Bands etc.|
|Salwar||Big buttons, brooch/badge T-Shirts|
|Kurti/Top (Half-Sleeves)||Saree (Married or Unmarried)|
|Tiny Rubber Band||Bangles not allowed (only married can wear)|
|Mangal Sutra||Burka, Cap, Kurta Pajama|
Barred Items for NEET 2019
There will be no arrangements made at the center for keeping any items that belong to the candidates. Following is the list of some barred items from the examination hall:
- Any stationery thing like literary material (printed or composed), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Pen, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner and so on
- Any devices used for communication such as mobile phones, Bluetooth, earphone, microphone, pager, health band etc.
- Items like wallet, googles, handbags, Belt, Cap etc.
- All ornaments like Ring, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/Necklace, Pendants, Badge and Brooch etc.
- Any metallic item
- Any watch/ wristwatch, bracelet, Camera etc.
- Any other item that can be used for unfair means
- Any eatable item either opened or packed, water bottle etc.
In the case, applicants are found with any of the barred items inside the center, then an action will be taken against the student in accordance with the relevant provisions.
List of items allowed in the examination hall
NTA has released the list of following items that are allowed and must be carried in the examination hall on the exam day:
- One passport size photograph affixed on Performa
- Size of this photograph should be 4 X 6 inch with white background
- Name of candidate along with the date should be mentioned in photo
- Applicants should carry NEET Admit card with passport size photograph affixed
- Original photo identity card like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License etc.
NEET Exam Day Instructions
Following is the list of important instructions that students must go through before appearing in the exam:
- Students must reach the examination center an hour ago before the commencement of exam
- Students are not allowed to enter in the examination center after 1:30 pm
- Without admit card, students are not allowed to sit for the exam
- Applicants must not carry any of the barred items to the exam hall
- Students must ensure that they have signed on the attendance sheet
- Applicants must occupy their allotted seats only. If they found appearing in a seat other than the allotted one, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Students are not allowed to leave the exam hall for before the exam time over.
- If students create any misbehavior at the examination center then their candidature can be cancelled as per the rules.